RHC HIGHLIGHT REPORT
BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Vida Ventures (“Vida”), a next-generation life sciences venture firm, announced today the closing of Vida Ventures II, LLC (“Vida II”), raising $600 million in an oversubscribed fund. Vida II will be used to further the firm’s life sciences platform, which began building a successful track record of investing with its inaugural fund by focusing on companies that change the paradigm of care for patients. With the close of Vida II, Vida has approximately $1 billion under management in less than two years since inception. Vida II fund investors include members of the Vida team, investors from the inaugural fund, top-tier endowments, foundations, family offices, funds-of-funds, and notable individuals across the U.S. and overseas. In anticipation of Vida II, the firm also announced the expansion of its team of experts with Helen S. Kim, Rajul Jain, M.D., Heba Nowyhed, Ph.D., and Eric Trac, M.D
Read more: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190801005310/en/Vida-Ventures-Closes-600-Million-Vida-II
RHC PIPELINE REPORT
- CerraCap Ventures, a Costa Mesa, Calif.-based an early stage venture capital firm, received an investment from Mexico Ventures into CerraCap II, LP.
- PowerPlant Ventures, a Los Angeles-based venture capital firm investing in plant-based food and beverage, foodservice and food-tech companies, such as Beyond Meat [BYND], closed its second fund, at $165m
- Hamilton Lane (NASDAQ: HLNE), a Bala Cynwyd, Penn. – based alternative investment management firm, closed Hamilton Lane Strategic Opportunities Fund V, with more than $760m in commitment
- HCAP Partners, a San Diego, California-based private equity firm and impact investor, closed HCAP Partners IV, L.P., at $150M
- BGV, a Palo Alto, CA-based early-stage venture capital firm with an focus on enterprise 4.0 startups in global markets, closed its Opportunity Fund, at $70m
- Vida Ventures, a Boston, MA-based next-generation life sciences venture capital firm, closed Vida Ventures II, LLC, at $600m
DISCLAIMER: All deal information for our Pipeline Reports are provided by 3rd party websites such as Associated Press, Bloomberg, Business Wire, Crunchbase, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other sources. We advise that you check with the company website for a press release or other direct sources that are in our reports as we do not update our posting and use third-party resources to source our news.