Nyca Partners, a firm with investments in financial technology businesses including PayRange, Trellis, Affirm and Acorns, has collected another $210 million for its third venture capital fund.
Located in New York, Nyca’s debut fund closed on $31 million in 2014. Its second fund, a similarly focused fintech effort, raised $125 million in 2017.
Venture capital investment in fintech is poised to reach new heights in 2019, according to PitchBook. So far this year, investors have bet $8.6 billion on U.S.-based fintech upstarts. Last year, investment in the space reached an all-time high of more than $12 billion, with Robinhood, Coinbase and Plaid all raising multi-hundred-million-dollar rounds.
Read more: https://forecastwire.com/2019/08/02/nyca-partners-raises-210m-to-invest-in-fintech-startups/
THE CAPITAL REPORT
- Cocoon Capital, a Singapore-based early-stage venture capital firm, closed its second fund, at USD 22m
- Silver Oak Services Partners, an Evanston, IL-based lower-middle market private equity firm, completed the fundraising for Silver Oak Services Partners Fund IV, L.P., at $500m
- CerraCap Ventures, a Costa Mesa, Calif.-based an early stage venture capital firm, received an investment from Mexico Ventures into CerraCap II, LP.
- PowerPlant Ventures, a Los Angeles-based venture capital firm investing in plant-based food and beverage, foodservice and food-tech companies, such as Beyond Meat [BYND], closed its second fund, at $165m
- Hamilton Lane (NASDAQ: HLNE), a Bala Cynwyd, Penn. – based alternative investment management firm, closed Hamilton Lane Strategic Opportunities Fund V, with more than $760m in commitments
- Nyca Partners, a NYC-based fintech focused venture capital firm, closed its third fund, at $210M
DISCLAIMER: All deal information for our Pipeline Reports are provided by 3rd party websites such as Associated Press, Bloomberg, Business Wire, Crunchbase, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other sources. We advise that you check with the company website for a press release or other direct sources that are in our reports as we do not update our posting and use third-party resources to source our news.