The Capital Report will be moving to www.CapitalReportbyJD.com
THE CAPITAL REPORT HIGHLIGHT
DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Ford Financial Fund today announced the closing of Ford Financial Fund III, L.P., with over $1 billion in commitments. Ford Financial Fund is a private equity fund focused on investments in community banks. It is co-managed by Gerald J. Ford and Carl B. Webb, who are among the nation’s most experienced and successful investors in and operators of a broad range of financial services companies. The General Partner committed $155 million of its own capital across Fund II and Fund III, which are both fully invested in Mechanics Bank. Fund II closed in May 2013.
Read more: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190903005209/en/Ford-Financial-Fund-III-L.P.-Closes-1
THE CAPITAL REPORT
- 3Lines Venture Capital, a Greenwood Village, CO- and Gurgaon, Haryana, India-based investment firm, closed on the first $5M tranche of its Rocket Fund
- Accion, a Washington, D.C.-based financial inclusion focused nonprofit organization, expanded its seed-stage investment initiative Accion Venture Lab with the addition of $33M to its initial capital pool
- Xiang He Capital, a China TMT focused venture capital firm, closed its second USD-denominated venture fund, at $425m
- FlowStone Partners, an Avon, Conn.-based provider of private equity investment opportunities to qualified high net worth investors, has launched a closed-end, non-exchange-listed investment management company registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Freeman Spogli & Co., a Los Angeles, CA- and NYC-based middle-market private equity firm, closed FS Equity Partners VIII, L.P., at $1.85 billion
- MiddleGround Capital, a Lexington, Ky.-based private equity firm that makes control investments in business-to-business industrial and specialty distribution companies in the North American lower middle market, closed its first fund, MiddleGround Capital I, LP., at $459.5m
- Las Vegas, NV-based Universal Labs Opportunity Fund has launched to invest in the development of natural medicines for the prevention and treatment of cancer
- Ford Financial Fund, a Dallas, TX-based private equity fund focused on investments in community banks, closed Ford Financial Fund III, L.P., with over $1 billion in commitments
DISCLAIMER: All deal information for our Pipeline Reports are provided by 3rd party websites such as Associated Press, Bloomberg, Business Wire, Crunchbase, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other sources. We advise that you check with the company website for a press release or other direct sources that are in our reports as we do not update our posting and use third-party resources to source our news.
RHC REPORT HIGHLIGHT
Palo Alto, CA- and London, UK-based AV8 Ventures has raised a €150m (approx. $170m) debut early-stage venture capital fund.
Solely backed by Allianz Group, one of the world’s leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers, the fund will invest in seed and Series A startups in the U.S. and Europe focused on the “machine-enabled future.”
Read More: https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/23/av8-ventures-raises-170m-to-invest-in-digital-health-mobility-and-enterprise-tech/
RHC PIPELINE REPORT
- Variant Equity acquired Coach USA, a Paramus, N.J.-based provider of passenger transportation and mobility services, from Stagecoach Group plc for about $271.4 million.
- EMV Capital acquired a controlling stake in Vortex Biosciences, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based provider of liquid biopsy of circulating tumor cells. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- LLR Partners made an investment in Magaya Corporation, a Miami-based provider of warehouse, cargo, and supply chain management software solutions. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Telestream, backed by Genstar Capital, merged with Tektronix Video, video testing and monitoring for broadcast and digital media markets co-owned by Fortive. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- BV Investment Partners invested in Franco Signor, a Bradenton, Fla.-based provider of Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) compliance solutions to insurers. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- LLR Partners today invested in Magaya Corporation, a Miami-based provider of warehouse, cargo, and supply chain management software solutions. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- MiddleGround Capital acquired Peterson Spring, a Southfield, Mich.-based specialty spring manufacturer. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Gridiron Capital made an investment in Remington Products, a Wadsworth, Ohio-based provider of branded and private label orthotic solutions. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Enlightenment Capital acquired Trowbridge & Trowbridge, a McLean, Va.-based provider of IT solutions to defense, intelligence, and civilian government agencies. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- GenServe LLC, a portfolio company of GenNx360 Capital Partners, acquired Power Performance Industries, a Yonkers, N.Y.-based provider of maintenance and repair services to industrial generators and backup power solutions. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Apollo Global Management will acquire Smart & Final Stores Inc (NYSE:SFS) for approximately $1.1 billion, including debt.
DISCLAIMER: All deal information is provided by 3rd party sources such as AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), etc. Please check with the company website for a press release. We do not update our posting or check the source of the news.