Reblog from Investor Network
THE CAPITAL REPORT HIGHLIGHT
PALO ALTO, Calif. & NEW YORK & LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Advent International, one of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors, today announced that it has completed fundraising for Advent Global Technology (“Advent Tech” or the “Fund”), a technology-focused companion fund to its flagship Global Private Equity (GPE) program. Advent Tech exceeded its $1.6 billion target and reached its hard cap of $2 billion after six months in the market.
The debut of the new fund closely follows the completion of fundraising for Advent’s ninth global private equity fund, GPE IX, at the hard cap of $17.5 billion, bringing the firm’s total capital raised in 2019 to $19.5 billion.
THE CAPITAL REPORT (NEW FUNDS)
- Pico Venture Partners, a Jerusalem, Israel-based early-stage venture capital firm, closed its second fund, at $80m
- ArcTern Ventures, a Toronto and Montreal, Canada-based venture capital firm investing globally in breakthrough clean technology companies addressing climate change and sustainability, held the second closing of its Fund II
- Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), a San Francisco, CA-based provider of a data platform to investigate, monitor, analyze and act on data at any scale, launched Splunk Ventures and two inaugural funds
- Venture University (VU), an investor accelerator for venture capital (VC), private equity (PE), and angel investing, and a multi-stage investment fund, has announced the launch of its New York City office and NYC-based investor accelerator programs
- Colorcon, a Harleysville, PA-based world leader in the development, supply and technical support of specialty products for the pharmaceutical industry, has established Colorcon Ventures, a $50m venture fund
- AnaCap Financial Partners, a European dedicated financial services specialist investor, closed its fourth Credit Opportunities fund, at €1 billion
- Bee Partners, a San Francisco, CA-based pre-seed venture capital firm, closed its third fund, at $43m
- Mission Bay Capital, a San Francisco, CA-based early-stage life-science venture capital firm investing in innovative entrepreneurs working on vital medical and environmental challenges, closed its third fund, at $60M
- March Capital Partners, a Santa Monica, CA-based technology investment firm, is raising a €410m fund
- Providence Strategic Growth Capital Partners L.L.C., a Boston, MA-based affiliate of Providence Equity Partners L.L.C., a private equity investment firm with over $45 billion in aggregate capital commitments, closed its fourth fund with $2.0 billion of limited partner commitments
- Ardian, a Paris, France-based private investment firm, raised $2.5 billion for its latest co-investment fund, Ardian Co-Investment Fund V
- Hype Capital, the newly created venture fund of HYPE Sports Innovation, is now expanding its VC fund in the US
- Sky9 Capital, a Beijing, China-based early-stage venture capital firm that invests in Chinese technology startups, closed a new set of funds with $440m in capital commitments
- Advent International, a global private equity investor, completed fundraising for Advent Global Technology, a technology-focused companion fund to its flagship Global Private Equity (GPE) program, at $2 billion
DISCLAIMER: All deal information is provided by 3rd party sources such as AP, Bloomberg, Crunchbase, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other great resources. Please check with the company website for a press release. We do not update our posting or check the source of the news.