RHC REPORT HIGHLIGHT
Andreessen Horowitz, a firm that in just a decade become one of the powerhouses of venture capital, said on Wednesday it had raised another $2.75 billion.
The bulk of the cash, $2 billion, will go toward a new late-stage fund, led by general partner David George. He joined Andreessen Horowitz earlier this year from venture firm General Atlantic.
RHC PIPELINE REPORT
- Union Square Ventures, a New York City-based venture capital firm, raised two new funds totalling $450m
- Harrison Street, an alternative real asset investment firm dedicated to the Education, Healthcare and Storage sectors, closed its second European closed-end fund, Harrison Street European Property Partners II, L.P., at €500m
- Motus Ventures, a Redwood City, CA-based seed stage venture capital fund and business accelerator investing in early stage businesses, launched the $30m Motus Smart World Innovation Fund
- Pangaea Ventures, a Vancouver, BC venture capital firm, closed its fourth advanced-materials fund, at approx. $70m
- Pegasus Tech Ventures, a San Francisco, CA-based global venture capital firm, is launching officially
- Seattle, WA-based early-stage technology venture capital firm Madrona Venture Group closed its first Acceleration Fund, at $100m
- Toyota AI Ventures, a Los Altos, CA-based venture capital firm subsidiary of Toyota Research Institute, launched new $100m fund
- Math Venture Partners, a Chicago, IL-based early stage venture capital firm, closed a new fund, at $46m
- Palo Alto, CA- and London, UK-based AV8 Ventures has raised a €150m (approx. $170m) debut early-stage venture capital fund
- Liquid 2 Ventures, a San Francisco, CA-based early stage venture capital firm, held a $37.67m close of its second fund
- Five Elms Capital, a Kansas City, Mo.-based investor in founder-owned software businesses, held the first and final close of its fourth fund, at more than $300m
- Venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz has closed two funds totalling $2.750 billion
DISCLAIMER: This is a beta blog and all deal information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website for a press release. We do not update our posting or check the source of the news.